Monday, August 01, 2011

Who Am I?

I teach because I want to share.
I teach because I want to inspire.
I teach because I want to make students smile.

I have always wanted to be a teacher when I was a little girl. I'm one of the children who goes home after school and still play "school" with cousins and friends. I have the small blackboard with ABCs and 123s on it, I have my own chalk, white and colored, and my little eraser.

The dream disappeared when I had to transfer schools when I was in 4th grade elementary school. It was because of moving to a new house. The new school was far apart from my old school, and I felt so unimportant. I hated the teachers; most of them anyways. I drifted away from the dream and concentrated on ME.

I watched more TV programs than studying, I memorize lines on anime more than lectures, I drowned in my new love which was anime. The more I got into it, the more I love the culture of Japan. I begin to be addicted to it, to spend on it, to have it as a habit, to have it engulf my life. I became an otaku. But I will talk on that later.

Who would've thought that I would still pursue the teaching career after so long?
But I'll stop at this for now.
This post officially opens my blog; my story.

My journey on the path of being a teacher, being an otaku, being me.

writing and blogging: different mediums;
same heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment