Tuesday, December 22, 2015

PH Christmas: I will miss you.

This will be my first Christmas in the United States, and frankly I can't stop but think it wouldn't be the same.
I don't want that to be a bad thing for my in-laws and all, but it's just going to be totally different right?

I've been here in KY, USA for about 6 months?
(Kyle said 5 months and a half, okay Mr. Math Wizard.)

There has been so many things to keep me from getting actually homesick.
{4th of July, Summer Bible School, Llyr's bday, Karaoke nights with Dad-o, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, taking my Permit test, the urgency of learning how to drive, new food, new places, being with my in-laws with work and play, being volunteered for stuff, haha}

But, with Christmas coming, this will be hard blow.

I REALLY love Christmas! It's not like I'm going to hate it this year, but it would be just -- different.

(click read more..)
The rush of Christmas shopping, the annoying crowded malls during this season, the lights, the familiar music, the buzz of people going to the Christmas Eve mass, the countdown, the televised concerts for the countdown, the exchange gifts between friends, co-workers, and families, the monito-monita (small exchange gift usually with themes), the midnight feast, the karaoke before the feast, the opening of gifts, the making fun of people who really like or dislike the gift they got. I will miss Christmas with my mama, papa, my sister, and my brother.

Ayala Triangle (Park) Lights

Click on the Photos to make them bigger.
Christmas Photos
PH 2013
(2014, I forgot to take photos of the Noche Buena, I was busy with my baby)

My heart feels heavy blogging about this, but it needs to be said, so I can sort of get it out of my system, right? My catharsis.

I will miss my papa's Christmas feast so much, oh my gosh. He cooks (like) the entire day, and the food is SO goooood. I will miss making the fruit salad, or mango float dessert with my sister. I will miss trying to make my brother do stuff when he doesn't want to (I guess, that's a year round thing? xD), I will miss my mama for all the dishes we need to wash, and food to put away as she tells us over and over again to help, haha. 
I miss my family so much..

I will miss as we watch TV or do karaoke while waiting for the clock to strike 12 midnight on Christmas Eve. Then everyone yells MERRY CHRISTMAS!! 
Mama will go call us to the table, and prays for our food to be blessed. 
My siblings and I scared and hoping that papa will like our present for him. 
Knowing mama would like any book or bag we get her as a gift (so we give almost the same thing every year, haha)
I will miss giving my brother money instead because he's so hard to shop for, or just take him shopping the next day. 
I will really miss seeing my sister pretend to be surprised and excited about a gift she bought and wrapped for herself. She's so funny. 
I miss receiving gifts from my friends and family weeks before, and me NOT opening any until Christmas Eve, just so I have the most gifts which never happens, because mama always has the most gifts. xD Until I had Llyr.

But like I said --
It's not like I would be not happy for this year.

Christmas is supposed to be about being thankful.
Thankful for Jesus coming to save us.
Thankful for FAMILY. Even if it's going to be thru Skype.
Thankful for God's blessing. Like having really nice and awesome in-laws (my 2nd family)
Thankful for a difficult, but awesome year.
Thankful for being healthy.
Thankful for having a healthy baby and husband (sort of, Kyle gets sick easy, haha).
Thankful for being accepted by a new church, in a new city, in a foreign land.


For this Christmas..
Let's just be thankful.
My loving family, expanded to the other side of the world.
It doesn't mean they love me any less.
It doesn't mean I love any of them (both) any less either.
My heart just filled up more, because of all the love I receive.

For this Christmas..
Know that WE all have love from our Earth family.
We have love from our Father in Heaven.
We have the gift: the Son.
We have the guidance of the Spirit.

CHRISTMAS is always AWESOME.
I'm excited for the new things for this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment