Thursday, April 17, 2014

Pregnancy Perks and Joy~

17 weeks!! Yay!!
This is the perfect time for me to post this topic~
Not that I have been procrastinating *cough cough*

The picture isn't mine :: Source
That picture is a "pregnancy badge" in Japan.
It says "Onaka ni Aka-chan ga imasu," which means In my tummy there is a baby.
It's 
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
my happy thoughts went away momentarily because of an annoying conversation about something annoying.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Okay, so the badge is basically a public announcement that you're pregnant so MAKE WAY.
No, really. Japanese people are so polite that lots of perks come to women who're preggy.

In my case, I have lots of stuff to be thankful for. Remember the post about Pregnancy and Woes? I'm sure I can double the amount of stuff for this one. ^^

A MIRACLE OF LIFE
If you think it's not a miracle -- you're crazy! God is giving you the great gift of having a baby! He is showing you how much He has plans for you, and this is just one of them. My husband and I kept trying and trying, haha, as soon as we were able to well -- do it. We really wanted a baby early on. I really wanted twins, if God permits, when I'm still in my early twenties so my children would not have too much of an age gap with me. I think it will just be much more fun that way.

NO DIET
Of course, even if you have to stay at a certain range of weight gain and stuff -- hey! No one can tell you to go on a diet or that you're getting fat. IF THEY DO SAY THAT tell them, "I'm pregnant. I have EVERY right to eat and grow big at this time." This is mean but, if I am huge when I'm not pregnant, okay they can tell me to eat less and stuff -- but not right now.

EXERCISE
Oh yes, it's something you cannot escape. people will over and over again tell you to exercise. Yes, even when you're pregnant. At least you don't have to do any rigorous activities because the baby might get stressed from that too. The one thing everyone does anyway and is the number one exercise of pregnant women -- walking. I'm sure you can do that!

SHOPPING
Haha, it's high-time for new wardrobe! Who says you have to buy those really old-fashioned preggy dresses? NO. You go ahead by and buy really cute dresses! Empress dresses are the way to go if you like cute stuff since you can still wear them even after you've given birth -- and you know what else? Maxi dresses! Although that one I refuse to wear because it would just make me look a lot shorter. XD
HEALTHY DIET
Yeah sure you already have the excuse to eat a lot -- but you have to take care of your baby. It's good for you anyway, so this is the right moment to start a healthy diet. You have to eat lots of greens and stuff with protein and calcium. I hate milk. I do, but I drink it for my baby's sake. Broccoli is an overly good source of calcium if you prefer that over milk like I do, or you can always go with "pasteurized yogurt".

EXTRA AMOUNT OF REST
Love love love it. You now have a good excuse to sleep lots! Yay!! My mom used to be annoyed every time I sneak catnaps through the day, but now I can do it~ Learn to give yourself a time to relax and sleep because they say that it's the one thing you will miss when the baby's born. ^^

NO LINES (for public transportation)
I do think that in every country they have this right? We're now allowed to skip lines and go in front of it to get on the Jeepneys and trains earlier than others. I like falling in line though, but when my tummy gets quite big then yes, I'll skip I guess.

COMFORT
It is actually a big issue, but you have people who'll help you feel comfy. Also if you have extra cash and stuff, it's time to get a better mattress and a much better pillow! A maternity pillow would be sooooo great -- but i have no money for that at the moment. It costs like 2000PHP.
Here's a pic if you don't know what it is: google yes

EVERYONE LOVES YOU
For some reason people stop fighting with you! Or at least they resist the urge to really mess with you and stuff. I do feel loved these days. Everyone smiles at me (Don't ask me if it's a real smile > < At least they don't give you evil stares and stuff), everyone worries about your safety, they are ever so willing to give you what you want. If you're craving for something, your family gives it to you. If you're stuck somewhere you're papa picks you up, hehe. They also cook the best food for you~ Don't you LOVE IT? :D

YOUR PARTNER
He would have nothing but great words for you. He'll start showing you more that he loves you and cares a lot for you. My husband is in another country, but day by day he works hard because he really wants to go back to the Philippines to meet me and the baby on that big day~ We really can't wait!

YOUR BABY
The babys makes you happy! She makes you smile for no reason. She makes you happy and feel great about being a woman, about being married, about being YOU! It's awesome how a tiny life can cause soooo much impact in your life. I really can't wait to meet my baby and I always pray to God that He sustains my baby's life and keeps her healthy and strong.

NUMBER ONE PROOF OF GOD'S LOVE
I know I am always guarded and guided by God. I know He envelops my baby with His love, protection, and grace. I know He gave me a life, and that now I am, with my husband, is to be a steward of a new life He's entrusted to us. I claim it Lord that my baby will be born healthy, and strong, with complete parts, and with no defects whatsoever. My baby will be beautiful and intelligent and smart and talented! I would love to have twins a boy and a girl, I would love my baby nonetheless, but I would really be overly happy with a baby girl~ Yes, my prayer seems to be "too much" but I know Lord that I am Your daughter, and you said "Ask and it shall be given", You have already given me so much, all my prayers now are bonuses of your grace and I know and claim so! :)

I told you this will be a long one -- here's to my baby being 17 weeks today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment