Sunday, October 30, 2016

Holiday World 2016

I don't think I was able to blog about Holiday World last year, but we did go. It was Oct. 24 (US timezone) when we went -- I think. This year we went on Oct. 23! We didn't even know that we went there last year around the same time, until the Facebook "Memories" showed up on our Timelines. I had a video on Youtube on it, and I also uploaded a bunch of pictures on FB which you can view if you click HERE.

Holiday World is located at Santa Claus, Indiana. Yes, the town's name is Santa Claus! The amusement park used to be called "Santa Claus Land" until they've expanded so much, and added more attractions that are in Holiday themes, thus the new name! Cool concept right?



It actually has 2 parks. The first one is the Holiday World with the different holiday themes, and the second one is the Splashin' Safari which is their water park area. (I've never been to the water park area because well, I don't know... I just have never gone during summer. I should, I should!)


These are the different areas of the park
click the picture to make it bigger!

Anyway, the reason why we had the push to go this year was because I WON FREE TICKETS!! How awesome is that?! I have never won first prize before! I was so shocked! We go to a Parenting Seminar once a month, and the grand prize (lottery) for the month of October was 3 tickets to Holiday World, $30 HoliCash, and discount coupons!


So that was a HUGE push to go! Our tickets would expire Oct 30, 2016 which was the last day the park would be open! So we decided to go Sunday before that date. I was determined to have more fun than last year (when I was still pretending to be all shy and nice to my husband's family, lol). I can't ride a lot of rides because I was pregnant, so I thought I just want Llyr to ride a bunch since he's bigger than he was last year! ^w^

We went to the kiddie rides in the Christmas area and .. ugh .. Llyr was an inch and a half too short for all the rides! (Parents can't ride on it) Kyle told me he got scared that Llyr won't be able to ride anything. I knew that was not possible since it would just be weird for little ones to not be able to ride at all! Anyway we walked a bit to the Halloween area and found this, were Llyr let us take pictures of him!


click the picture to make it bigger!

We walked towards our first ride! It was Carousel (Merry-go-round) but since this was Halloween Town instead of just having horses, they have more creatures! 


Llyr rode the Dragon! (It was what I rode last year!)
click the picture to make it bigger!


Of course I picked my own ride too!
click the picture to make it bigger!

I love the carousel. It is the one thing I will ALWAYS ride. ^^ During this ride Kyle already went to save us seats for the Magic Show (we wanted to see a lot of shows as we could, since we won't be able to ride so much -- or I won't) and Llyr's face was the same the entire show...


until...


Yep.
He watched the Magician saw this teenage girl in half!
click the picture to make it bigger!


And I was able to get this priceless picture!!!
click the picture to make it bigger!

After the show, we went to the restrooms to refresh ourselves, and we later found out that Llyr rode the Canoe, and we Mom and I did not see it. :( But Kyle, Mom and Dad wanted to ride this thrill ride, and no I don't have a picture because we tried to get drinks -- Oh! Drinks are free at this park! Unlimited drinks!! Going back to what I was saying -- we missed to see the good parts of them on that ride, haha.


Areas like this are scattered around the park, where you can get your drinks.
For the whole day you drink as much as you want.
click the picture to make it bigger!

We went to another show after this, it was Musical about Halloween. It was really fun to watch, but maybe I thought about it too seriously. I really think that the main character was mentally ill, and was just imagining everything, hahaha.

Finally, we decided that it was time for lunch (it was 3:30PM by this time, I think) and we went to the Plymouth Cafe in the Thanksgiving (holiday) area.


Needless to say, the foos was AMAZING!
click the picture to make it bigger!

This time the boy who hasn't had any naps yet was starting to get sleepy, and we were afraid that he'd fall asleep before he can ride kiddy rides! (I mean, he just rode the carousel, and nothing else yet)

So when we finished eating Mom-o and Dad tried the Turkey Whirl which I heard was Mom-o's favorite ride! We took this time to look at where we should go next, and also take some pictures.


click the picture to make it bigger!


click the picture to make it bigger!

Finally, we made our way to the 4th of July (holiday) area which has a lot of kiddie rides! (Where the parents can ride with their kids, so most of it don't have height restrictions! Yay!)

The first thing we rode?


Can you guess?
click the picture to make it bigger!


It's a train of course!
Also the guy driving the train let us ride twice in a row without having to get out!
I think he thought we were funny because we were reciting all the nursery rhymes from the decoration that we see.
click the picture to make it bigger!


click the picture to make it bigger!

Llyr sure was holding on to that train real tight! Haha. When we got done with it, I was a bit afraid he won't get off, but no. He just stepped out like the big boy he is! ^^ So proud. Then we spotted something even better!


Vintage Cars!!!
Luckily while in line Llyr got to ride on the red one.
We really think it's his favorite color.
click the picture to make it bigger!

Something weird happened while we were in like for this one though. The front of the line was 2 pairs of riders (with 1 or 2 kids each) Mom-o and me, Kyle and Llyr, and then Mom and Dad. You should know that a minimum of 2 can ride a car, and maximum of 4. Dad really wanted to ride the convertible car which parked right in front of us with the line being as said above.

Mom said, "Bob just has ways to get what he wants" (or something like that) Kyle and I looked at the convertible and he said, "Well, he can't get it because it's the only one and we have people in front of us." The weirdest thing happened!! The convertible can only have 2 riders, and the first 2 pairs passed on it because they have a kid with them, and Mom-o, Kyle, Llyr and I all wanted one with roofs sooooooo MOM AND DAD GOT THE CONVERTIBLE. Whaaaaaaaat?! The reaction on Kyle's face was amazing! xD I'm amazed at how that happened. xD



Here's a video of Llyr driving!

We headed to the playground are with more kiddie rides which was called "Holidog's Fun Town"! We rode the Tea Cups!! No picture though because -- well we were spinning and I couldn't take a selfie, and I was holding onto to Llyr so he won't fall. It was Daddy and Llyr spinning it! After that one we saw a Jeep ride and since I wanted a picture of Llyr, only Daddy rode with him this time.


click the picture to make it bigger!


He got to drive again! He loved it! Also you can make the horn sound "beep! beep!" so he had a lot of fun on that ride! It was near closing time, and we all were going to head separate ways so that Mom and Dad can go on rollercoasters and the rest of us can play games and try to win some prizes! 

We did win a small dinosaur and a small banana stuffed toy hahaha. At least Llyr had fun! ^^;

Oh! I forgot when it happened but Llyr got to ride the Canoe once more and we got to see it this time. I'm just not sure which part of the day it was anymore. 


click the picture to make it bigger!

He's so adorable!! *A* He was holding onto that Canoe for his dear life. Hahahaha, I also took a video because he was just too cute and I wa surprised that it was something he could ride by himself!



This is almost the end of this long blog. Haha, I know it was too long. But I have to upload this sweet sweet video of Mom-o and Llyr at the end of the day.


click the picture to make it bigger!


Oh by the way, 3 days after we went to Holiday World was October 26, 2016 which marks my 7th Anniversary as a GNGN Eikaiwa Online ESL Teacher ^_^ Yeah that's something!


click the picture to make it bigger!

Look forward to my next blog about Halloween 2016 in Sacramento, KY, USA!


click the picture to make it bigger!
This was an old event banner when my cousin JA/JONA and I were both working in the GNGN Eikaiwa Makati office. 


Thank you for reading my loooooooong blog post!!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this!!! Red! I love red too. Haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! So is Red your favorite color? You've always told me before that you cannot decide on a favorite color :D

      Delete