Tuesday, October 11, 2016

FALL FESTIVAL (October 1, 2016)

So this post is 10 days late, but that's okay right? ^^;

Fall Festivals in the U.S. are usually held on the 1st day of October (or at least that's how I understand it to be). Maybe some people hold it the first weekend of October so that the family can all be present for it. I do not remember going to one last year. Although we went to a Pumpkin Patch with a lot of activities, it was not the first weekend of October, I believe, nor was it called "Fall Festival". I rest my case.

So, I've been really busy the past few weeks, which is awesome because it means I can earn money hahahaha. That is the reason why I could not blog about this real soon though. We were so excited to have Llyr for that weekend because the weekend before this he was on a vacation with his grandparents. He had so much fun with them!

I really wanted to bring him somewhere he'd really enjoy as well, and that Kyle and I will like too! So, Fall Festival it is!!

First thing on the agenda was the Fall $5 a Bag Day at the Library! I went to one during Summer, but if you remember I could not get any kids' books -- because we arrived an hour before closing. That was a sad sad day for me even when I got a ton of books, but none of them was for Llyr! :(

So I made sure we'd be there 30 minutes early this time, and I was right! There were already people at the parking lot! Good thing was we got out of the car before they did (they were chilling -- there is no freaking chilling when there is a book sale!), so yes, I was the first person inside the Library when the doors opened. Probably because I'm short and I can squeeze in easier!

Remember to click the pictures to make it bigger. ^_^

This was the bad we borrowed from Mom and Dad



You don't think we went overboard right? ^^;


We weren't able to get children's books last time, so when the doors opened I rushed to the children's area and so did the other parents! It was crazy! I was just grabbing 3 books at a time! It was SUPER crazy! People were having their kids choose and they pick theirs, and I cannot do that yet because Llyr's too small. I would find a vehicle related book, hand it to him, and he would sit on the floor and scan pages while I grab 3-5 books at a time (without pushing anyone). I tell you. After I was done picking children's books, I had no more stamina to pick books for myself.


I did get a few though.

I actually picked 2 course books for classroom management. While I was resting from the rush, I came across "Snow Country", and the 2 novels to the right. One person gave me Asimov's Galaxy 'coz he heard me talking about him, and Kyle got me the Foundation Trilogy. Then he picked like 4 books for himself and decided to just keep one, which is the book on the left.

After the library thing, we were so hungry. So we went to grab food at Arby's before going to Evansville Mall. It was the cheapest mall day ever. Hahaha. Llyr would just go sit on the moving cars without wanting it to move, so yeah!


We did find out he's not scared of them moving now though! Awesome!


I also had my first crepe ever! It was so good! ... and messy to eat, haha.

We went to the playground in the mall after that, and Llyr had lots of fun. He rode the carousel one time, and I think that's all we used money on in there. We did think of getting him something from Build-a-Bear but he wasn't very interested. 

So we decided it was time to go to the actual Fall Festival which took us a while, because we got lost since the FB map was bringing us somewhere else. It was so worth the wait though because the food they had was so good! We were in line for like an hour! It was already dark so we couldn't play so much (they had another festival mainly for kids in the morning, but I was so not going to miss the book sale!)





Llyr had a BIG day that day. It ended with pulled barbeque, mexican sweet corn, and smores. I think that was a perfect way to spend the 1st day of the month. I had so much fun with my Llyr, and with Kyle too xD

Fall is awesome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment