Saturday, June 25, 2016

OMGCon 2016!


AFTER A LOOOOOONG BREAK!!
AN OTAKU EVENT!!

It has been forever, it felt like, since the last time I was able to hype about anime, manga, jpop, or anything otaku-ish. My blog is named such because of my love for Japan and it's pop-culture. Being a mom does not mean you lose yourself, but you gain a new side of you, and still have room for that original you. ^^ So yes, I still am an otaku at heart. 

I am laying off anime a for a bit though, because I only watch them subtitled, and I'm afraid my baby will be very confused with language, he already hears English and Filipino from me, if I add Japanese this early, there might be a consequence? I don't know, maybe I'm over-thinking it haha. That's me though, I worry. I always say I was born worried -- but actually I was born asleep xD So my mom ended up with c-section although was a tiny tiny baby. (I KNOW I'M STILL SHORT, knock it off!)

This is officially my first anime convention in the U.S.!
There are a lot of Panels and a lot to see. The 1st day I spent it as a mommy. I was with my husband and toddler. He had no idea what was going on, but he could see so many different colors and there was not so many people just yet because it is the first day. So, I think that was the best time to bring him.

The first thing you would see when you enter is a huge Toothless (Dragon) Exhibit, that you can ride! For a price. It looked so good we had to get our photos there! The thing is -- Llyr didn't want to ride it T^T

(click the photo to make it bigger)
(click the photo to make it bigger)

It was amazing! I forgot how long the man made it, but he also cosplay-ed as Hiccup (the How to Train Your Dragon's main character!) but he did it on a different day. (I didn't want to pay again, haha)

We went to the GAME room first (of course, I was with Kyle remember). Kyle saw a VR area! He immediately went to line up. Llyr was not happy we stopped, so I left him there and walked around. I told Kyle if he goes away from that line, I was gonna kick him, because we've already waited long enough. Then he finally got his turn! (30minute way time)


While waiting for Daddy, this little cutie cosplaying Gravity Falls walked by, so yay!

(click the photo to make it bigger)

To me, he was the only acceptable Dipper. Sorry, not sorry. There were so many Gravity Falls cosplayers, but non of them were as cute as this one. 

Upstairs were other Panel Rooms and we met a really really cute Batgirl!




I was super excited that there were SailorMoon cosplayers too! I was over the moon when I saw that they were not wearing really shiny cheap fabric, like a lot of people do in the Philippines. Sorry -- I cannot handle a not well-prepared cosplay. I just can't.

(click the photo to make it bigger)
(click the photo to make it bigger)
"The Family that Cosplays Together, Stays Together"
- one attendee said at the con.


Llyr won't stay still, so I took a video instead. My baby's adorable. 

After this we went out to eat lunch. Lunch with Llyr is always a photo opportunity! This is will the last convention where he's not wearing a costume, MWAHAHAHA.


After lunch, we met a really cute Yuno! She's the clean not bloody version. So a Chapter 1 character.

(click the photo to make it bigger)

There was not much to do after this, and it was getting late, so we went to Walmart and visited Uncle Zach, and went home. The 2nd day was A BIG DAY. Early morning we ventured off to Nashville for the Insane Inflatable 5K, but you all already know that. ^_~

(click the photo to make it bigger)

This was the first, and probably the only picture we got that day. We did see Aja, and friends, and Asa too! But we just didn't take their photos -_- I'm sure where my brain was, probably left on one of the inflatables in Nashville >_< I apologize. They looked really good though!

I really enjoyed the 2nd day a lot because we went to the market area, and we also participated in a lot of games in a panel called Pokemon Party, again, no pictures, since I left my brain at the track ^^;

(click the photo to make it bigger)

We did buy these REALLY beautiful HAORIs. Oh I forgot to take a picture of my husband's one. His was a formal Haori, and it was chocolate brown. He looked so good wearing it.

We scored tickets too!
Tickets are collected when you participate in games, and panels, and you can use them to buy stuff from the prize room.

(click the photo to make it bigger)

This is what we got for Llyr from the Prize Room!
We also got food vouchers, because, we're hungry.

Fast tracking to the 3rd day, we used out Fetta gift cards, and had an awesome lunch. My husband also wore his DRAW ON ME shirt. He carried a bunch on magic markers with him, and had people draw on him.

(click the photo to make it bigger)

(click the photo to make it bigger)

That was our big adventure at the OMGCon 2016! I'm so looking forward to 2017, and cosplaying with Llyr and Kyle and our baby for that time.

Oh I almost forgot, I met THE MOUTH. OMG! The announcer for the Smash Bros! He's amazingly nice, and entertained all weird questions I got.

(click the photo to make it bigger)

He was really nice and signed my OMGCon coin though it wasn't the autograph signing panel, haha.
He has a really deep and amazing voice.

(click the photo to make it bigger)

Now, I will just spam you with photos of the souvenirs I bought!


(click the photo to make it bigger)

(click the photo to make it bigger)

Thank you for reading this rushed blog! Haha

If you want to see some other cosplays, please click this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment