Saturday, July 02, 2016

One Whole Year


I can't believe it! Really? It's been 1 whole year since my husband, my now toddler, and I came to the US from the Philippines. The longest flight I have ever been on, ever. My son's 1st plane ride. It was good and bad, travel wise, but we arrived safely, and hungry.

It's been a wild ride, this past year. There are so many things that has happened, it feels like everything in my life was on fast forward, but on pause at the same time. I have experienced all the four seasons, finally. My favorite, as I thought it would be, Autumn.


So many new things I have experienced from this past year. Who would've thought I would learn how to kayak? Who knew I would be able to carve pumpkins! I would have never imagined to be able to have outdoor barbecue American style! It was only in my dreams that I would be able to fly a sky lantern.

I didn't think I could get a job in a school as soon I did! A substitute teacher, that was always exciting! I didn't think I would have to take test again to get another license to teach! I didn't think I can get it easily like it's been moving forward for me! Passing my 1st test! Now the 2nd test will be on July 12, please send me some prayers.

A roller coaster. That's the summary of my first year in the U.S.

I definitely can say that I feel so loved. My son and I were welcomed like a family instantly. A lot of awkward hugs when we first got here, and now those hugs are treasured moments for me.

Llyr has easily adapted to almost everything in here in our little big town, Sacramento. I guess it's just me who still has not really adjusted yet. I can't believe it's been a year since I have hugged my mama, my sister, my brother, and my papa.

I don't know how I'm surviving without my father's cooking, my mother's corny jokes, my sister's fandom squeals, and my brother's massages. This is, how I know that God loves me and son so much, and now our coming baby (we're praying for a girl, so we can stop ^^,) -- because He carefully put us in a place that's full of love and care.

I miss my family so much. And the foooood. You have no idea how I miss the food. How I miss the conversations we do while travelling, and not having people on 4G phones all the time, haha. (It is convenient, but it sometimes disconnects people.)

Really, if you trust God, everything falls perfectly into place.

I've been in Kentucky, USA for one whole year.  Wow. God is good.

3 comments:

  1. Okay, you made me cry at sky lantern & the tears flowed from there. But your blog was beautiful & perfect. I can only hope you feel how very much we love you & that precious boy that came with you. ��

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hijacked Bob's account to comment on your blog 😉

      Delete
    2. Yes, definitely. Aw, I didn't think it'd make you cry. I was crying while typing it though. My nose was read for my last class. Yes, I typed this in between classes :D

      Delete