Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Battle of Sacramento Blog Post (Finally!)

I've been wanting to post about the Battle whenever that weekend was up. It has been a hard 2 weeks for me to really read or write anything fun, because I've had to study, diligently I might add.

Also I have been waiting for a video and when it was uploaded, I was already in a study-mode. I've never thought I would have that mode ever. Haha.

Anyway this weekend was a weird way of letting me experience how bipolar Kentucky's weather is. Saturday was REALLY chilly, I had to wear my winter coat, and Sunday was REALLY hot, I had to just have tank top and shorts on!



So the Battle of Sacramento is an annual event in Sacramento Kentucky. Many people come from different states to watch and reenact the Civil War between the North States and the South States.

From what I have heard from my sources, my in-laws, the original battle was a 16 vs 50 (around that number). When the reenactors come though it's about 150 people in each side! Haha, I guess it's more action and more fun for the viewers that way.

Here are some photos I have taken:









Those are some of the old thyme shops. They do wear traditional clothes, and try as much as possible to be as authentic as possible to the era.

My favorite is the rootbeer stand!





They do have different flavors and you can try the samples they have so you pick a favorite before spending money on a bottle or two.



I also took videos of the reenactment where they use real cannons and guns, but use empty ammos (if that word is right).
posted from Bloggeroid


-----------updated from the laptop-----------

So yes, I do have videos.



We really thought that he would be scared of the cannons, and since he doesn't like anything on his head really, we didn't bring ear plugs either because we were pretty sure he would not like that either.
But oh wow! He did so well! So proud!


Some of the fight scenes in the reenactment.


This fiddler is awesome! This is actually my favorite video I've recorded. 

I have no knowledge of the actual reason for the civil war, but watching this was really very interesting and I need to know more about this country's history -- not for fun -- but I need it in my citizenship test, hahaha. This post is VERY late because it happened May 20-22, 2016. I'm so sorry for it being so late. But here it is now, and I will leave you with a drone video of the event. ^^ have fun watching!




And here's Llyr wearing a Civil War hat:


Thank you for reading my blog! I hope you had fun ... somehow. ^^;


 

No comments:

Post a Comment