Tuesday, July 15, 2014

OGTT (Oral Glucose Tolerance Test)

The last time, I have taken the OGCT (Oral Glucose Challenge Test), the result can be found here. OGTT is the tolerance test to see if you have gestational diabetes, more of a part 2 of the OGCT.

If you think it's too tasky go visit that page, long story short I failed with a .11 more than normal result on it. That's why I was told to take the Tolerance Test this time. (I think it's been a month?)

Past Laboratory Test:

T~T
yeah. awful.

Anyway, like I have mentioned I had to do it again.
To read about it please click the the brown-underlined-link below. (In case you're seeing this from Facebook, then no need to click anything hahaha. ^^;
Okay! This'll be a bit long.

I had to fast for 12 hours for the test that was supposed to be last Saturday. I made a mistake though -- I didn't understand that this kind of fasting was a no water fast as well. Our church fasting allows us to drink water, so ... when I got to the clinic I was made to go home, because I was honest and said I drank water.

Apparently water can add sugar to your blood -- somehow.
I went home crying in frustration, not because I was hungry, but I was so worried that my baby's was so hungry and if I don't drink water he'll have problems growing. T^T yes, I worry too much. I know.

Monday, was a no go for me since I already had a full schedule.
So it had to be today. Tuesday. An odd day to take a day off really.

It's a 10-hour fast from 9PM to 7AM, then I got there at 7:15AM, but I was not called until 7:40AM or so. Again, no food, no water, no gum or candy, no anything. I was told to go to the bathroom first, then I had to have my blood extracted. After that, I have to drink 75g or dextrose in 5 minutes. Oh -- imagine how it was. TORTURE, I say. I do love sweets but can you drink half a glass of water mixed with 5 tablespoons of sugar (not the exact amount, but you know for the image).


Good thing I had my pregnancy book with me, a pocket wifi and my phone of course, and I had another book about Pregnancy & Childcare. It took my mind off of the awful awful taste.

Then comes the 2 hour wait. 2 long hours of waiting, without food, and any liquid intake.
This is why I said technically it was a 12 hour fast! I can't imagine how pregnant women are made to fast this long. Before this day, I was already praying for the baby, and during that waiting period too. I know God will never make my baby hungry and dry. So in my mind, God will do everything for me! I should not panic, I should not fret. I just read away my book (it's half finished now -- weird enough there were 5 pages all for sex during pregnancy hahaha just saying).

I got my 2nd and last shot after 2 hours (oh, we're allowed to pee after 1 hour), I was lucky because the other mommies there had a 3 hour OGTT and needed 4 shots. It was only 2 hours and 2 shots for me! Oh wait -- it wasn't a shot -- it was blood extraction.

I went home and took this:
You feel sorry for me now?
YOU SHOULD!
I hate syringes. T^T
(Oh a trick not to feel so much pain for blood extraction: close your fist, tilt it a bit, and take a deep breath when they prick you. When the blood's taken -which I had to be told 'cause I can't look- you open your palm slowly and take another deep breath when they pull the needle out. Yay not so painful! I was told this only during the second time so yeah...)

Now, I had only to wait until 4PM to get the results. I was not nervous, because I know God won't let me down. I still had slightly clammy hands though, haha. (Oh my brother almost got late for school because of me, so I was worried that he won't be able to go inside the house, 'cause I had his key).

I PASSED.
PRAISE JESUS.
When you put your faith in Him, you're always on the path of victory.

Thanks for reading this! I'm a happy girl~ I bought pizza for my peace offering for my brother. ^^; I also forced him to take the money I was paying him since he had to take a taxi/cab to school. He's turning out to be a nice guy huh. ^^ My baby also kept moving around and about today, so I know he's doing great even though he was so hungry earlier. :) (I know because he pushes my right side belly when he's hungry). ^w^

I went home happily singing my praises to God, yes I was singing, I don't care if people think I'm crazy, because I just feel so blessed by Lord Jesus~



1 comment:

  1. This is very nice blog. When i was searching for Oral glucose-tolerance test in Bangalore that time i got Anand Lab centre in Bangalore. If any one want more information you can click the the link and get more info. http://www.anandlab.com/

    ReplyDelete