Saturday, May 03, 2014

MAY 3RD 2014 IS FREE COMIC BOOK DAY!!

Today's Saturday and yet I was awake at 4:30AM. Why, oh, why.
For some reason, my body got used to waking up at this hour or something -- it's horribly unfair to me especially on Saturdays.

BUT -- today I had a date with my cousin Jona from Big Dreams of a Small Girl.

We promised to meet up at 8AM and go to BGC in Taguig where a big FREE COMIC BOOK DAY event where the event is taking place. The giveaway starts at 10AM, so here we are thinking that 8AM is a pretty decent time to meet up in front of the book store. Wow. By wow, I mean we were SO WRONG.




*cough*stolen*cough* from In Lesbians with Books
(I hope you don't mind, if you see this and you don't want it to be here, please tell me so I can remove it. Thank you for now though -- that I have a picture to use m(_ _)m)

By the time we arrived, I just thought to myself, "wow no more Archie." XD;
We were maybe 100+ in line, maybe even almost to the 200th or so, because people started arriving to line up at 2 in the morning!! 2AM!!! What the heck! > <

It was really hot! I had snacks and drinks with me, but wow they weren't enough.
We ended up buying Jamba Juice, thanks to my cousin for getting them!

Yeah ... it was like a field trip. XD

My tummy hurt a bit after carrying my bag around. (Baby please be healthy, we love you. We know you're alive and kickin' and always protected by God~) But it was fun!

That's JONA hiding her face.

Look look!! We got Archie (it's what we came for) and SHOUNEN JUMP!! Who would've thought! I actually got the same titles as she did, until I saw this guys who was holding a different JUMP with the cover art of one of my best loved mangas... so... I asked for a trade (my One Piece cover for this -secret- because he also had the Bleach one) He was so nice to have agreed~ <3 

Then, we went somewhere else for about 20 minutes maybe, and I thought I actually I don't need 2 Jump magazines because it'd be frustrating to not be able to read the next thing right? So I wanted to trade my Bleach cover for a teeny tiny comic-related book I saw. I asked the people in charge and they said NO NO NO. So I asked someone from the line -- and since there's no more Shounen Jump magazine (hehehe) he agreed!! Yay for me! Yay for him!

Oh that old lady shouted "Hey no trading!" -_- Yeah right. As if she can stop me, I can just go out of the store, and still trade with the guy who agreed. It's not like we're drug dealing. Sheesh.

This is what I ended up with!!! *happy dance*

Bakuman! Yey yey yey~
And that teeny tiny book "Raising a Reader"
Oh boy, oh boy! I can't wait to see my baby~ I will so have her/him read a ton.
^_^;; What?! It's FUN!

This is what I bought during the time we disappeared for 20 minutes.
I couldn't decided whether I want the green, red, or purple! > <
It's my veeeeeeeeeeeery own FILED wallet!!! Woots!
Isn't that an AWESOME wallet~ The whole thingy is for me to easily put change into the coin area! :D

Here's my cousin arranging her comics so she can take a photo~

Oh yeah! I forgot to say that we also got complimentary (forced-giveaway) comics. More freebies!! So there were 5 pre-packed comics, 1 filipino artist compilation comic magazine, aaaaaaaaaand a Made in Candy treat!! 

I so do not know those comic books -- but I will be reading them!

Here's JONA hiding behind her "HULK" candies (she calls them that) :P

Here she is looking at it, not knowing I took her photo. XD

We stayed sitting there for while since my baby bump was feeling a bit hard, and it's the baby telling me to REST. So we did, and we saw a friend and co-worker who's name is Dustin! So we asked him what he got since he arrived at 10AM T_T and well, he couldn't really choose stuff anymore, 'cause they were kind of ... left-overs. He randomly picked up stuff he said.

The same pre-packed 5 comic thing was given to him and those are the 2 titles he kind of blindly took.
Oh.. no more Filipino comic, and no more candies. T_T

This is my first FCBD and I'm veeeeeeery satisfied!~ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment