Saturday, July 11, 2020

Mineral Town Challenge 001

I will be using both Briar Rosethorn's Mineral Town Challenge and FerralNightingal's Harvest Moon Rivals Challenge for my game-play. The reason for this is because I do not have all the packs that would let me do the MTC, and the HMRC which is an older challenge lets me tweak it so that I won't need to do certain things. It also has stricter objectives (just like in the original GBA HM MMoMT).

I just don't think I would ever get the Cats and Dogs Expansion, so I am opting for CowPlants and the chicken coop mod by icemunmun instead. While I am thinking of getting Eco Living to get the meat vertical plant (and I am genuinely interested in this pack more than others); I will have to wait for a sale.

The first rule in MTC is that you start on a Sunday (just like the gba game), so since I was not able to download her wonderful save file I had to head on to the EA gallery to grab all the houses and townies and edit them with all the CCs in the world I could get my hands on to make it look like the authentic version of the game. She was gracious enough to help me set-up all the relationships of the townies with each other. I made a spreadsheet for this. I learned a couple of things that my mind as a child did not quite notice when we were talking about the families. 

With LittleMissSam's Live in Business mod, I was able to set up the Aja Winery, Zack's Snack Shack, and Doug's restaurant as retail (and a house). Although, I did not know that right away so I actually had to evict the Doctor and Jeff's families and make their houses as retail (and then have them buy it as a store). I'm telling you, it took forever to get Elli in that hiring list (I even put retail skill cheats in); it took 2 hours of refreshing!! Thank goodness for LittleMissSam's Retail Overhaul I got Sasha to be the store manager pretty easy. 

The other townies look like this:
Here are the Mineral Town People 💚🌻 Let's Play!
Posted by Spica Walker on Tuesday, July 7, 2020
Since I had to do all the set up, my game was already on Wednesday evening when I got done -- so I just sort of play tested a few families (Popuri's, Ann's, and Karen's) to keep time moving.




No comments:

Post a Comment