Thursday, April 16, 2020

Cause and Effect

Spring break is over. *sad music with birds chirping in the background*

I hope you had a fun one! Mine was certainly a lot of gaming and just playing with the kiddos! I love school though -- so I'm glad that I have to go back into a routine. ^^

I missed everyone and I'm so glad to see some of your faces during the ZOOM meeting! I hope I get everyone's questions in and answered in this post.


First, make sure that you have your Google Classroom and you are able to type on this editable Google Slides (if you are on your phone, it will be really small and you may just want to write your outline and paragraph on a piece of paper).

Before you start typing (or writing) think of a novel you have recently read (it's easier if the story is fresh in your head!). You may use a graphic novel or manga (that's fine), but please do not use I-funny because those have different stories per page.

To illustrate how this will look like on paper, please click this picture to see it bigger:
When it calls for Cause and Effect transitions (the little boxes) use this list or search more on Google:


Click the picture to make it bigger

This will be 2 videos (a little lengthy but it goes step by step taking you through the process of writing it with me). If you are using Harry Potter as well, make sure you are using different transitions -- and change the Main Event #2 to something else. Try your hardest to use your own words. 


The video conveniently cuts off after the sentences. You would notice that I also go back and forth my outline and my paragraph to see if I'm doing it correctly. No shame in checking! 
The outline on paper should look like this (I didn't fill in everything but make sure yours is!):

Click to make this picture bigger

Here's part 2 of the video and also it goes all the way to the OPTIONAL extra credit assignment:


Thank you for waiting! 

It took me a bit to start because I wanted to hear your questions. Also, I had to make 2 more Google Classroom accounts so I can do the tutorial through the "Student" view. If you have any other questions, you know how to reach me! (It's in the Google Classroom post!)

Happy #WritingWednesdays !

5 comments: