Tuesday, June 16, 2015

PARENTING

I have taken my Professor's advice about letting time have my emotions die down a bit before writing stuff down. So that when you read back on it -- it's less yucky, and tormenting. Having a clearer perspective on something that you are subjective about so you can be objective about it.


My husband and I (I finally got used to saying this without cringing xD) -- 
attended a parenting seminar.
READ ON
▼↓↓↓▼
I am very well aware of my husband's shortcomings.
Lol, mine too, I guess.

We are new parents, and I always feel like 
I'm being persecuted for anything bad 
that will happen to my child.

You know how easy it is to find the wrong things other people do? If you think it -- it's bad. If you tell them about it. It's worse. And you're evil. >< You hurt them, it's not an advice if you scold them.

I made that word collage -- it's my first time -- don't be mean to me. xD

But because I am aware that I am not a perfect mother, nor my husband is a perfect father, we agreed on attending this parenting seminar. It was an eye-opener for me. For my husband, too, maybe, he kind of went on a very long bathroom break in the middle of the season. He claims diarrhea. I claim boredom.

Anyway, he tried. I love him for that.

We were taught that it is better for children to know about the "rod" and why it has to be given to them.
The rod can be according to their age, like a glue stick, a wooden spatula, a wooden ruler. Something that can sting, but will be wound them. If you explain to them why, then they will have a better understanding of it.

"Direction, not intention determines destination"
Children understand. Children do listen. Children imitate. If you stir them in the right direction as early as possible, then even as adults they will not stray. That was the thing I really learned from the seminar.


My baby was with me during the seminar as well, since I cannot leave him at home because everyone would be busy or would want to rest during Saturday mornings. He was very playful, but behaved.

This was in the beginning of the seminar.

 Then he got bored, and wanted to walk around.
Someone took many pictures of him - I have not seen them yet @_@
He got tired after a while and fell asleep. Sooo cute >/////<

This is something that I would really like to live by as a mother.
I do pray that I, also, will not stray from the word of God,
that my son (and future daughter, I pray for one) will see God is alive through me.
But like I said, we are new parents and we are on our experimental baby. xD Aren't all first born children raised like this? At the rate we are in right now, like my husband would say, "We can only get better from here on."
(Well, he does not say it that well put -- but that's why he's married to me) 

I will end this blog, and maybe will update in another post some of the lessons given to us. Here's to hoping that I would not have to experience something like this:


No comments:

Post a Comment