Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Little Tokyo 2014

I've been wanting to eat Japanese food from Little Tokyo's grocery places from when I was 5 months pregnant with my son. The thing is my friends didn't have the time, and well -- I don't want to go by myself.

So now, Llyr's out ^^;, and I have gone there last time with my cousin Jona, my husband, and my baby. I do not have pictures though because I had the baby the entire time, and he didn't want me to not hold him (he has a bag carrier thing, but he didn't wanna be there at that time). It was a lot of fun and we went to a cafe a bit far from there too -- but like I said; no photos. So I didn't blog about it. My cousin has some pictures on her facebook though.

Llyr has this tendency to know when I'm eating or planning to eat, also it's the same when he knows I will use my phone to surf the net or play games at night -- and he will, with all of his might, resist the urge to sleep and just cry until I stop whatever it is I am doing and instead hold him with both of my hands. ; 3; If he's already asleep, and I try to have one hand free and play or use the net or eat -- oh yes! He will wake up and complain that I don't have my full attention on him. I love my son ♡ he's a smart boy.

So this time, I MADE sure that I would have all the pictures I want.


⇣⇣⇣READ MORE⇣⇣⇣

So, a HUGE thanks to Mom, Dad's and Mom-o's Christmas present *cough*fun money*cough* so we could go there and have fun~ #eatinguntilbloatedandstillbuystufftobringhome *BURP*

I didn't go inside where more restaurants were because we were there before 9AM! o_O Someone (Kyle) miscalculated the time, and said we should leave at 8am. The shops don't open until 10:30 (except for Yamazaki which opens their grocery doors at 9am).

I went there with my sister, brother, husband, and baby this time. I knew I'm going to bring a haul back home! So I need help with carrying stuff. Hahaha.



There are A LOT of authentic Japanese restaurants to try as long as you have the money -- but I'm more concerned about being able to go to Manila Seikyo (Choto Stop) and buy some dangos! Last time I went there it was Wednesday and the dangos were already sold out ((´д`)) and I was advised by the clerks to go back on a Tuesday.

☆*:.。. o(≧▽≦)o .。.:*☆
It's December 23, TUESDAY, today!
click to make the pictures bigger, kay?

I couldn't sleep last night thinking of how I need to wake up at 6am, and be there before 10:30am, because the shop clerk said that the dangos disappear soonest.

I know I keep saying dango dango dango but let me talk about LUNCH first. Aside from the fact that we ate at 7-11 to pass the time since I wanted to do grocery before lunch. Okay here's where we ate.

Yamazaki

The people there are welcoming and nice (OR I just have an American with me - my husband, mine, stop staring - so they were being nice to us.), I really do think they're nice though. ^^

They have quite a selection of food and the prices are about 120-350 pesos ($3-$8) for already good food. They have set menu too which is so awesome! Let the pictures do the talking. (๑╹ڡ╹)







٩(*ゝڡ◕๑)۶♥ yummy right?

For all those, including 2 drinks, 2 house teas and 4 water glasses we paid 888 pesos ($19.89), I'd say that's a good deal. Oh... I forgot to take a picture of the really great cooked veggies too. My husband liked it, and that's saying something. Come on, Kyle and veggies don't usually mix together. Haha.

Yamazaki has ice cream and stuff too (because it's a half grocery store as well).

Saving that shu cream (cream puff) for later,
my sister and I have been wanting one because we've been watching
yes, I wiki linked you.

Now, the main event ------- Choto Stop (Manila Seikyo) ٩(ó。ò۶ ♡)))♬
It's a CoOp which had a small restaurant before which is now a sort of Daiso area where they sell household goods, I think pictures won't be needed inside anyway, and I was afraid I would be scolded. Everything inside is 80 pesos (about $2) so it's quite easy to compute how much you'd have to pay right?

I went all gaga inside since I really want to have those dangos I've kept seeing wanya eat! He's the sitter pet from daa daa daa or others may know him as bow meow from ufo baby.


So I really bought quite a lot. We had two big eco bags from 7-11 (which I bought earlier, while waiting for the store to open), I knew it would be used well.

My sister and brother's stuff roughly $20

Not saying how much. *^*
Look, look, look! Dangos!!! (രᴗര๑)

So that's about it for me this day -- I just have to eat and eat -- it's Christmas season! It's basically cheat week for all people who are on a so-called diet. Wooots!

I'll leave you with my baby's sweet sweet sweet face~


No comments:

Post a Comment