Tuesday, May 17, 2016

For the Love of Food!

WARNING!
This post will make you hungry!



I have been to a PERYA in the Philippines:
(click the photo to make it bigger - from Google)



Philippines' Perya and Fiesta are normally related to celebrating a Saint or a founding of the town where it is hold. But we do have 'kind of' bbq for those times, but it sure is very different form the ones in America.

(click the photo to make it bigger - from Google)

We have a ton of things we cook -- and they are all on sticks! Haha, probably so we can just grab and go?

I have also been to a Japanese NATSUMATSURI:
(click the photo to make it bigger - from Google)

Natsu means Summer, and Matsuri is Festival. So it's very easy so say that this kind of Festival is held on this particular season in Japan. It's colorful, fun, and yummy! They also have their own bbq style.

Yakitori which is Chicken
(click the photo to make it bigger - from Google)

Yakiniku which is Beef
(click the photo to make it bigger - from Google)

This year, it's my first time to go an AMERICAN BBQ Festival! How awesome does that sound? You'd still be 5 or more blocks away, and you can already smell the good food! That awesome!

When my in-laws told me about this, I imagined it was going to be a small area where people grill out. Oh boy, was I wrong! It's an insanely massive area where I feel like there were thousands of people for food!

Some pics I took ^^

I don't think my photos do the fair justice so I want to post video taken by my Father-in-law's drone:




About this Festival, a lot of people come here to participate in the best bbq competition, and thousands of people come here from other states even, just to eat their food! Can you believe that at the end of the day -- ALL the food will be gone. It has happened, and will probably be that way every year! It was an awesome experience!

(posted twice coz not sure if one or the other works)


Here's my baby and his free balloon!
Monkey on a Palm Tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment