Tuesday, May 10, 2016

$5 A Bag Book Sale?! What!?

The Owensboro had an event last Saturday. $5 a bag, any size bag, used book sale! Yes, it's real. I thought I was dreaming when I heard about it too. My Mom's friend Katrina sent the ad to me thru MMS, and I'm so glad I had my 4G on at that time -- I normally have it off, unless I just really want to check something on the internet when we don't have wifi.

It was from 9am-3pm, and I there at 2:30pm. Why? Because there were important stuff happening that morning, and then we were out of gas and then *hyperventilates*

ANYWAY, we got there with 30 minutes to make it. I told Kyle, "If I don't get more than 6 books, we're not buying."




Easy to say, I had more than 6 books.


If I have not miscounted, I have 27 books total!
(click the picture if you wanna see the titles)

I couldn't bring myself to be excited because I was not there very early. If you know me, you know that I like being 1 hour to 30 minutes early to events. I like seeing the door open, and running like mad into the event area. But since it was just 30 minutes before it ended when we arrived, I walked casually in -- but I still went crazy looking for books. I wasn't able to great super great books, but I still got good stuff.

Sadly...

There were no more baby/kids books when we arrived. This is why I swear now, that the next book sale like this, I will be waiting by the door, and I will try to be there before the person with the key to the door arrives. So, you know, I wasn't so excited. I was able to get good stuff though, so that can satiate me -- for now.

Today though, Monday, Santa Mom-o Claus came to my house with a bag of goodies for me.


Yay, clothes!

With the bag of clothes was a heavy box, she said she couldn't carry, so my husband had to get it.
IT WAS A BOX OF HAPPINESS!!


There's more than 50 books in here!!!
* heavy breathing*

Yes, over 50 pre-loved books! Pure joy! There are Princess' books in there, I know. But also, we're wanting to have a baby girl -- sooo. This is just so awesome!

This is my first Mother's day in America. My first mother's day far from my mama. My first mother's day that I cannot hug mama -sends digital hugs and kisses- and yet I have to say I feel so blessed. I have my family everyday to talk to on Skype, my in-laws are super nice to me, and my husband was so nice for Mother's Day too (haha), and Llyr is just a mountain of sweetness. God has blessed me so much, and I know that He will bless me more in the future, and I will give Him praises all my days.


2 comments:

  1. I'm jealous! Haha. 99% of the books here are in Japanese. I can always buy new ones online but they tend to be so costly. TT_TT

    ReplyDelete